Letter To Future Me

Dear Future Mackenzie,
           Today is June 3, 2020. I am fourteen years old at John Carroll High School. I am currently in all honors classes and working to be in the same next year. I'm really hoping we've made it somewhere we've dreamed of. Playing D1 lacrosse as a starting freshman at maybe an IVY league college. I'm currently looking Princeton, Brown, U PENN, maybe even Yale and Harvard. Other than the IVY league school I'm really only interested in east coast school, mainly because 1.) they know how to really play lacrosse and 2.) as crazy as it sounds, I don't think I can be that far away from my family, I mean I would like them to see my games (and not just on tv). I can't choose between astrophysics or forensic psychiatry to study, but I know once I take a physics or forensic science class I'll know my decision. Sometimes I feel as though I'm not that into lacrosse as I make it seem because of all the pressure to be amazing and perfect or no college is going to look at you. But I know deep down that lacrosse is my passion and that I can do amazing things with the talent and gift I was given. I hope we've done great things, and that we are at a great place with our self. I've accepted myself most of the way but I wouldn't have been able to do it if I hadn't pushed myself the way I did. So I just want to know, what have we done? Are we still best friends with Stephanie Amato? How about Flora Lau, Grace Griffen, Mandy Schall, Elise Robinson, and Annibel Everret? Is sushi still my favorite food? Am I still vegetarian? Did I ever become vegan? Is my celebrity crush still Jason Momoa? Do I have a boyfriend? Have I made any big mistakes? Have I gotten closer to my brothers? Do they still live in Maryland? Did they make it big in the government like they wanted? Do I still spend as much time with my mom and dad? Are they proud of me and my accomplishments? That's all I've ever waned. Having Hunter and Tyler as older brothers really makes you feel less of yourself, but I'll never tell them that because they're already arrogant as is. I know we've always struggled with confidence and what they thought of us, but I really hope at some point you take their opinion with a grain of salt, good or bad. I hope you know your worth completely instead of questioning it from time to time. I hope you stand up for what is right and what you believe in. Whether it be the black lives matter movement, racism in general, the LGBTQ community, catcalling/rape, women's rights, whatever it is you speak up for it, even if you are not technically apart of it still do it, because you have a voice and you're not afraid to use it. So please, make the world a better place and do what makes you happy.
                                                                Lots of love,
                                                              Past Mackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

cyber day #14

cyber day #1

cyber day #8